Views:5 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2018-12-14 Origin:Site
1. Sandblasting is powered by compressed air with abrasives (carborundum, corundum, etc.) grinding on the surface of the workpiece, while shot blasting is powered by electrically driven high speed impellers and blasting steel shot impacting on the surface.
2. The blasting material is different, sandblasting use hard and durable abrasives such as corundum, emery and so on, shot blasting use metal particular in special texture and shape(commonly called steel shot)
3. Surface hardness obtained by sand blasting and shot blasting is different, shot blasting has surface hardening effect;
4. The main purpose of sandblasting is removing rust, oxide scales and surface preparation before coating, while shot blasting has more functions, except surface cleaning, it also increases the surface toughness, reduces deformation of heat treatment parts and improvse wear-resistance and pressure capacity, etc.
5. Sand blasting machine is mainly manually operated, while shot blasting machine is mostly automatic and semi-automatic operated.